Sunday, February 24, 2008

Nigara Falls

hi all

sorry it has taken me so long to post again. it is really hard to find a computer. i think that anyone coming here should bring a laptop with wireless rather than looking for computers. there are wirless access points everywhere!!! - but no computers.

I am currently in chicago the hotel here is very nice - it is an actual hotel!!

any way starting at the start -

i picked up the hire car from new york and drove to niagara falls. it was easy to get the car and quite easy to drive straight out of the hire place. the traffic was walking pace. the ppl that worked in the hire place were really rude and unhelpful. it was just lucky that i had hired a bus with mary and sort of knew what was supposed to be happening. i took me a while to find the freeway to niagara falls but eventually found it - i did make a wrong turnoff but the ppl in the petrol station said that i was actually going in the right direction and that i had taken a short cut, which was lucky. it was a long drive from NY to Niagara Falls about 7 hrs and it didn't help that i got lost when i got off the freeway. i drove around in circles for about 1 1/2hrs - it was very frustrating. i stayed at a hostel in Niagara Falls. i was a house that was converted. the lady didn't give me my private room but she did give me a dorm with 8 bunks just for me and charged me the shared room price and just for one night rather than two which was nice of here but the bed was really uncomfortable. Niagara Falls was very, very cold. I went for a walk to see the falls and it started snowing! I didnt realise how cold it was going to be here. There is snow/ice/slush all over the ground (not the roads tho) and you definately need gloves and a hat. my blue zip up jumper is warm enough and i haven't had to wear my jacket yet but my jeans just aren't warm enough. I saw the falls from the american side. they were pretty impressive but the river was frozen over. all water here is frozen over. it looked strange watching a waterfall fall into solid ground. i will add some pictures later. i spent 2 nights in Niagara falls.

No comments: