Monday, March 3, 2008

Spokane

I didn't have access to a computer last night so i will write about butte now

I was staying in a period b&b. it was fantastic. it had some great chandeliers. i have some photos but this computer wont let my upload anything. the lady at the b&b suggested a walking tour of the town but as it was really cold i drove it instead. I also drove up to the look out. it was kinda scary. it was on a dirt road that was covered in ice and snow - but it was fun. i had my first encounter with ice on the road yesterday. i was driving up a side street and started slipping on the ice it was very scary but after the first time i was able to do it easily. the lady at the b&b gave me a personal tour of the b&b which was a 1890s mansion. it was really good.

The drive today was not at all boring. the road was all wet and it started to snow. its not hard to drive in the snow just annoying - it blows horizonatally into the windscreen but doesn't have enough water in it to require the windscreen wipers. it just cuts the visablity. today i drove out of the mountains. it was very steeply downhill. i didn't realise just how high up i was as i have been climbing very slowly through vallies. today i descended the whole lot in an hour. it was fun driving fast down the windy mountain. the road was really good so everyone was still doing 80 miles/hr (approx 130-140kph) the wet road and the snow just made it more interesting.

i am supposed to be meeting with candice tomorrow but i havent heard from her since last week and i dont know how to contact her - grrrrrrrrrr.

also i forgot to complain about the hotel in billings - some idiot pulled the fire alarm at 3am in the morning - everyone had to get up and wait outside while the fire brigade checked the place out. it was very cold outside at 3 in the morning.

any way i dont have anything else to write

sarah

1 comment:

Catherine Farrell said...

hello,
How's it going?
Sounds like you are having fun.
I'm back at work and it is crap.
Bloody Mark gave me his cold so I hate him.
I am eating snow peas and they are good.
I played netball tonight.
Guess what? My work is flying everyone to Sydney for the day to look at gardens, cool huh?
anyway have fun
claire